NM-16A Configuration for Terminal Server in ISR
When I started with my CCIE Journey, I had some 2511 to make sure I had remote console access. For my current lab I had to configure a NM-16A in an ISR router. How to set it up? Of course there is good documentation to Configure a Terminal but not everything was in that post.
The NM-16A is an async module for an ISR with 16 connections. First of all, let’s check if there is a NM-16A module in the router with the following command:
This was just a snippet.
The following configuration is working for me. I like to have a password on the lines.
To configure a name to connect to a console port, you must know the line numbers. Here you see all the lines of the ISR:
To connect to line 0/1/0 you see the number 2 as line number. You can connect to the loopback address of the router on port 2000 + line number. In this case it will be 2002.
The ip address 126.96.36.199 is the loopback 0 interface of the router.
Connect to another router via the async line.
To open a console connection to the ASA, I easily can type ASA and it will connect to loopback address on port 2002.
During the session on the ASA, when you hit CTRL+SHIFT+6 / X you will return to the router and the session is still open.
Whit show sessions you see the sessions that are open and you can switch between them.
To reset the line, you can disconnect the correct line number.
ISR4300_Console#disconnect 1 Closing connection to asa [confirm]
To verify all connections are closed:
ISR4300_Console#sh sessions % No connections open ISR4300_Console#
Other Technical Posts:
- Boost your HyperFlex 4.0+HyperFlex is a fast hyperconverged solution with Hybrid, All Flash and even All NVMe solutions. It…
- iSCSI in a NutshellIn the blog of Vijay and in the podcast of Ronnie Chan a new feature of…
- NM-16A Configuration for Terminal Server in ISRWhen I started with my CCIE Journey, I had some 2511 to make sure I had…
- Best Practices for HyperFlexA question which I hear on a regular basis is: What are the best practices for…
- Malware on IAmJoost?Last weekend I cleaned up my website to start fresh again. Why? When I started with…