When you have a Cisco Hyperflex cluster and you have enough storage, but you need more CPU or memory, it’s possible to expand the cluster with a compute node only.
In this instruction video I will show you the steps.
- Assign the Compute-Only service profile to a server.
- Install the ESXi downloaded from the Cisco website (cisco.com/go/software)
- Make sure you can ping the vsphere host.
- Run the Hyperflex installer and choose the option Manual.
- Check Deploy HX Software and Expand Server.
- Fill in the requested credentials and add a compute node only with the vSphere ip address of the host.
- Enjoy the show and wait until the expansion is finished.
could you please, helping me in HX Cluster Expansion (Hyper-V) ?!
I faced a lot of issues (using Windows Server 2019).
If you did this before by yourself, PLZ contact me @ :
Is it possible to contact your local Cisco SE/TAC for this problem ?