In a previous post, I talked about the Garmin Fenix 5. One of the cool features you can do is take screenshots.
Here I will explain again how to set it up, which is for the Garmin Fenix 6X Solar.
Configure Hot Keys
Taking a screenshot is not out of the box. You will have to configure a Hot Key.
On the watch, go to Settings / System
Now you can select: Hot Keys
In my case, I configured a long hold of the start button (Hold START) to take a screenshot.
Copy the Screenshot from the watch
After taking a screenshot, you have to connect your Garmin watch with a USB cable to your computer.
In the directory SCRNSHOT you will find BMP files, and you can use them.
Download the BMP files, and when you open them, you will see something like:
Taking a screenshot of the watch display is pretty awesome. Too bad you will need to connect the watch with a USB cable to the PC. It would be nice if you could quickly transfer it with Garmin connect or another app on the phone 🙂
- Garmin Fenix – ScreenshotsIn a previous post, I talked about the Garmin Fenix 5. One of the cool features you can do is take screenshots. Here I will explain again how to set it up, which is for the Garmin Fenix 6X Solar. Configure Hot Keys Taking a screenshot is not out of the box. You will have
- Why upgrade to Garmin Fenix 6X?I was delighted with my Garmin Fenix 5. There was not much I was missing. When there was a Dexcom G6 widget, I wanted to have it on my Fenix 5, and this feature wasn’t available. I had to look for another solution.For a couple of days, I had the Garmin Venu 2, but I
- FiveFinger – Can you walk on it ?Last year I was thinking about FiveFinger shoes because people were saying it was better for you. Some people would even run on it ! Normal Shoes ? I have some really nice pair of shoes. The Floris van Bommel are great looking and fits like a glove. But I can’t walk 10k on it.
- Take a Parachute and Jump !For my birthday my wife gave me a coupon for a tandem parachute jump at http://paracentrumtexel.nl . On a nice Tuesday me and my wife went to Texel. Although I live close, it took about over 1 hour to get there. Texel is an island in front of Den Helder, so you will have to
- Why Garmin Fenix 5 Now ?For a long time I had the Garming 620. It’s a nice sportwatch and I wanted something newer. After wearing the Polar M600 for a few months, I decided to buy a Garmin Fenix 5. There is nothing wrong with the Polar watch, but I liked the interface of Garmin Connect. The Garmin Fenix 5