I was delighted with my Garmin Fenix 5. There was not much I was missing. When there was a Dexcom G6 widget, I wanted to have it on my Fenix 5, and this feature wasn’t available. I had to look for another solution.
For a couple of days, I had the Garmin Venu 2, but I was missing too many features on this watch. It is an excellent watch, though.
Luckily I could return the Venu 2 and upgrade it to a Garmin Fenix 6X Solar.
The Fenix 6X has a little bit of a bigger screen, and my advice is to try it on before ordering it. If your wrists are petite, I wouldn’t recommend it.
The built-in solar panel charges the watch, giving you a bit more battery life. Currently, I can do easily 14 days with recorded activities every two days, and three weeks on one battery charge is possible!
Here are some extra features that I like about the watch.
First of all, this watch can charge itself by sunlight. Pretty cool! And as you maybe know, I do like solar power. See this post.
I don’t understand the Heat Acclimation feature yet, but at least it is working 🙂
There are soo many other features that are different, as the Pacer Pro. It is different from the Virtual Trainer, and I hope it will help me with the training.
The body battery shows you how much energy there is left in your body. It is calculated by heart rate, stress, etc., and to be honest, the displayed number doesn’t say much to me.
This watch won’t only record your sleep; it calculates a sleep index. The better it is, the more your body battery is charged. There are tips to sleep better.
Suggested Training for the day
When you want to run, it shows you a suggestion about your personal training. I like it, and I am using it. This feature makes sure your runs are in balance.
The training status was already there, and now it shows the balance of Low and High Aerobic and Anaerobic. This way, it is possible to be a bit more in balance. When you’re running races, this can be out of balance sometimes.
Storage is available to download music and use a Bluetooth headset to listen to the music. I am using Spotify, and here is my 190BPM music.
Pay with the Fenix 6X
Although the Fenix 5 could use it to make wireless payments, that feature did get blocked, and when my bank was supported, it wasn’t available anymore.
You can have multiple cards on your watch, and a pin secures it. In the beginning, it is a bit hard to enter the PINs with the buttons, but you will get used to it. Once you enter the pin, you have to use it for a particular time. For me, that time window is enough to do the pin in my car and then pump at the gas station.
The Garmin Fenix 6X Solar has many new features compared to my old Fenix 5, and I am pleased about it.
If you don’t mind not having a touchscreen and you like sports, this can be a watch for you.
Downside of this watch is the price and availability.
Garmin 7 is on the corner, so you can wait for the new model or have this Fenix 6X with discount.
- Garmin Fenix – ScreenshotsIn a previous post, I talked about the Garmin Fenix 5. One of the cool features you can do is take screenshots. Here I will explain again how to set it up, which is for the Garmin Fenix 6X Solar. Configure Hot Keys Taking a screenshot is not out of the box. You will have
- Why upgrade to Garmin Fenix 6X?I was delighted with my Garmin Fenix 5. There was not much I was missing. When there was a Dexcom G6 widget, I wanted to have it on my Fenix 5, and this feature wasn’t available. I had to look for another solution.For a couple of days, I had the Garmin Venu 2, but I
- FiveFinger – Can you walk on it ?Last year I was thinking about FiveFinger shoes because people were saying it was better for you. Some people would even run on it ! Normal Shoes ? I have some really nice pair of shoes. The Floris van Bommel are great looking and fits like a glove. But I can’t walk 10k on it.
- Take a Parachute and Jump !For my birthday my wife gave me a coupon for a tandem parachute jump at http://paracentrumtexel.nl . On a nice Tuesday me and my wife went to Texel. Although I live close, it took about over 1 hour to get there. Texel is an island in front of Den Helder, so you will have to
- Why Garmin Fenix 5 Now ?For a long time I had the Garming 620. It’s a nice sportwatch and I wanted something newer. After wearing the Polar M600 for a few months, I decided to buy a Garmin Fenix 5. There is nothing wrong with the Polar watch, but I liked the interface of Garmin Connect. The Garmin Fenix 5